This guide will walk you through the process of setting an on-chain identity on the Goldberg testnet.
Reserve Funds for Identity Bonding
To store personal information on-chain, users are required to lock a specific amount of funds as a bond. This bond is refundable upon the clearance of the identity.
Accessing Chain State Constants
Determine the bond amounts via the chain's interface by doing the following:
- Navigate to the "Developer" menu on the navbar and select "Chain state."
- Under the "Constants" tab, choose
identityfrom the "selected constant query" menu. The
basicDeposit: u128parameter will be the default.
- To add constants to the view, click the "plus" ("+") icon.
Set Your On-Chain Identity
Add personal details such as your legal name, display name, and website through the user interface:
- Click the three vertical dots next to your account and select "Set on-chain identity."
- In the popup, toggle and fill in the desired fields.
- Confirm by clicking "Set Identity" and submit the transaction to finalize your on-chain identity.
- Confirm your details and click "Set Identity" to proceed.
- Sign the transaction and submit it to complete the identity setting process.